Volunteers’ Week starts today and runs until the 7th of June.
This year the Week is celebrating its 30th birthday, which I think is pretty amazing.
The week is a chance to do two main things:
– Celebrate the amazing volunteers who put so much into our communities and into our lives
– Convince more people to volunteer!
I’d like to thank everyone who volunteers or has volunteered in their lives. As both a former charity Chief Executive, and as a Trustee, I’ve seen the difference that volunteers make. Speaking of Trustees, I’d like to say a special thank you to everyone who volunteers in that way. It’s easy to forget that Trustees are volunteers too!
So, how can you get involved?
– If you would like to join in an event, here is a handy map
– Here are some tips for saying thanks to volunteers
– There is a template certificate that you can use
– Finally, if you want to volunteer, here is some information for you!
Please spread the word about the Week and I look forward to celebrating it with you.