Just over two months ago I set up a group on Linkedin called ‘Careers in the charity/nonprofit sector’.
I am amazed that it has already reached over 1000 members. The membership list includes recruiters, careers experts and coaches, people who are in the sector and want to build their career and people who are in other sectors but who want to learn more.
Thanks so much to everyone who has joined, who has introduced themselves on the group, who has already posted questions and who has supported others.
Useful resources have been shared, knowledge has been exchanged and questions have been answered such as ‘Where are good networking opportunities in London/the South East?’ and ‘Do you agree that Generation Y has different values when it comes to work?’.
Lots of people have helped me spread word of the group and I would like to say a special thank you to Paul Duxbury who has done more than anyone and who even designed a logo (above) for us!
I would urge you continue spreading word of the group.
Do you know:
– a young person starting off in their career who is interested in the sector?
– a volunteer in the sector who wants to move on to paid work?
– people already employed in the charity sector who want to take their career to the next level?
– a recruiter who would like to find an extra way to reach out to good people?
– someone who loves working in the sector but wants some new skills/new contacts?
– a school or university careers advisor who wants to build their links to help their students?
– anyone who cares about charities?
If so, please tell them about the group and ask them to check out the page!
Plus of course please feel free to get in touch with me on LinkedIn.